At Four Oaks, we believe in building broad-based opportunities for youth and families to succeed. To accomplish this goal and to carry out our mission – “to assure children become successful adults” – we rely on community volunteers who share their time and talent making a difference at Four Oaks.
Volunteer opportunities at Four Oaks are endless. You can work side by side with the youth, read to our children or help with paperwork and office needs. By modeling for children the kinds of expectations they need to succeed, you help them develop into productive citizens of the community. We urge you to become a strong advocate by sharing your experiences and encouraging children to have a positive attitude that will get them through challenging times as they grow and learn.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Would your company like to get involved on a larger scale? Looking for a team building activity while giving back to the community? We also have group volunteer opportunities at Four Oaks. Group volunteer activities are customized to each organization and will leave your team with a renewed spirit in the hope for tomorrow.
To take the next step in becoming a volunteer at Four Oaks, fill out our volunteer application form! To start the required background process, please fill out the background check authorization form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our best to match your interests, skills and schedule with the needs of our agency and the children we serve. If you are a student interested in learning more about internships or observations, please click here for more information.
- Must be at least 15 years old with a parent or guardian present, or at least 18 years old without a parent or guardian present.
- Must be able to pass background checks in accordance with the Code of Iowa (criminal and child abuse records; sex offender registry).
- Must agree to uphold the confidentiality of our clients.
- Must commit to an established amount of time.
- Must have a genuine interest in the mission of Four Oaks.