Each year, Four Oaks and its affiliates serve more than 45,000 children and families throughout Iowa. We treat each child and family we serve as unique and your support allows us to do that. Because of you, we are able to fulfill our mission and assure that kids become successful adults.
There are many ways that you can make a financial contribution, here are a few options:
Whether a one-time or an ongoing monthly, quarterly or yearly gift; online giving is the easiest way to support Four Oaks. We take your financial safety seriously, and our online giving is powered by a secure online system. To make an online donation, please click here. Many companies offer a match for employees’ charitable contributions. This is an easy way for you to double or even triple your gift to Four Oaks. Please contact your Human Resources department for more information.
Donate by Mail
Donations by check can be mailed to:
5400 Kirkwood Blvd. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Many companies offer a match for employees’ charitable contributions. This is an easy way for you to double or even triple your gift to Four Oaks. Please contact your Human Resources department for more information.
Memorial and Honorary Gifts
If you have a family member or friend whose life has been touched by Four Oaks, we would consider it to be a privilege to be your choice when considering where to give a gift in honor of that person. Memoriam and honorarium gifts can be made online or by mail.
In Kind Gifts
Many of the children and families we serve come to us with very little. Whether it is a donation of clothing that your children have outgrown or an interview suit that helps a parent working toward financial stability, in kind gifts have a big impact on those we serve.
We are grateful to all of our donors who give items to Four Oaks in hopes that we can find a child or family that can use them. Please keep the following in mind when making in-kind donations to Four Oaks.
Four Oaks will accept the following items:
- Clothing (all sizes for men, women, children and infants) in good condition
- Furniture in good condition (dressers and other non-upholstered furniture)
- Appliances in good, working condition
- Beds (frames) in good condition
- Mattresses (new)
- Baby items that meet current safety standards (strollers, highchairs, car seats, etc.)
- Kitchen items (tables and chairs, dishes, pot and pans, glasses, silverware, etc.)
- Tickets to Special Events: Roughrider hockey games, Kernels baseball games, U.S. Cellular Center events/shows, etc.
- Computers (with a minimum Pentium 4 processor)
Four Oaks cannot accept the following items:
- Any item needing repair (non-working appliances, computers, broken furniture, etc.)
- Tube televisions
- Any furniture, including baby furniture, in poor condition
- Upholstered Furniture
- Mattresses (used)
- Hide-a-beds (regardless of condition)
- Waterbeds (regardless of condition)
- Clothing that is torn and/or damaged or in need of mending
- Toys and/or games in poor condition or with pieces missing
- Computers (with less than a Pentium 4 processor)
Small items (clothing, toys, etc.) can be dropped off Monday – Friday during regular business hours at our Cedar Rapids Smith Center Campus located at 5400 Kirkwood Boulevard SW. If you have larger, gently used items that you would like to donate or would like to drop off your donation at another location, please call 319-784-2020 to make arrangements.
Bequests, annuities, endowed gifts and more; planned giving allows you to leave a lasting legacy in the community. Click here to learn more about planned giving options at Four Oaks.
To discuss other giving options, please contact:
Brenda Myers, Community Engagement Officer, at 319-784-2137 or email@example.com.
Four Oaks is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit organization as defined in the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Four Oaks are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.