Every child deserves the chance to succeed. Take the next step in your career today at Four Oaks and help kids on their paths to success. As a Youth Counselor you will work with children ages 5 to 18 that are undergoing residential treatment for mental or behavioral health concerns.
You will play a critical role in the day-to-day care of the children including the use of Trauma Informed Care. This treatment method allows us to look beyond a child's behavior to the deeper trauma that caused it. This approach helps heal the child so she can truly move successfully into adulthood.
- Desire to help kids succeed
- High school diploma
- Bachelors degree in Human Service related field preferred
- Prior experience working with children in a mental health setting preferred
We currently have Part-Time openings for Youth Counselors at our Independence location. To take the next step in your career helping children, CLICK HERE to apply today! (The link will take you to our secure application portal where you can apply for this and other available opportunities and track your application process.)
- Provides consistent, individualized reinforcement to client behavior, using daily issues to teach and reinforce adaptive behaviors
- Utilizes a proactive/preventive method of intercepting problems to neutralize them before the
- Strategically utilizes identified behavior management techniques and other de-escalation training to assist clients in developing appropriate behaviors
- Assists clients in developing insight into their behaviors so that they learn to self-identify and self correct
- Understands the impact of client’s behaviors on their own actions/reactions in the workplace and utilizes team feedback to enhance the effectiveness of their interventions
- Knows the population and is aware of individualized treatment plan
- Provides daily living supervision and treatment intervention
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with the client based on trust & respect
- Evaluates the impact of behavioral, group treatment, and life-space interventions and provides direction/feedback
- Assures consistent, ongoing, and timely provision for basic client needs
- Follows medication management guidelines
- Safely transports youth to/from program activities and community resources monitoring behaviors and following agency transportation protocols
- Effectively participates in team to review case progress and provide best programming
About Shelter/Emergency Services
The Four Oaks Shelter program provides emergency and temporary care and supervision to runaway, homeless, delinquent and transitional adolescents. Referred youth may be victims of abuse, neglect, exploitation, violence, emotional abuse or behavioral disorders.
About Four Oaks
At Four Oaks, we believe that every child needs the opportunity to succeed. It’s more than our mission – it’s the passion that permeates everything we do. Four Oaks has grown to become one of the state’s largest agencies devoted to child welfare, juvenile justice and behavioral health. We recognize that children come to us from a variety of circumstances, which makes it important for us to reach kids and families where they are right now. For that reason, we provide prevention, intervention and treatment programs and services.
Four Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Comprehensive Residential Treatment
© 2016 Four Oaks. Accredited by COA. A Web Application by Informatics, Inc,