This position is responsible to ensure that educational supports are provided in the classroom. Activities include educational planning and support, behavior management, support agency/program mission and values, responsible work performance expectations, and documentation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides consistent, individualized reinforcement to client behavior, using daily issues
to teach and reinforce adaptive behaviors
- Utilizes a proactive/preventive method of intercepting problems to neutralize them before they escalate
- Strategically utilizes identified behavior management techniques and other de-escalation trainings to assist clients in developing appropriate behaviors
- Assists clients in developing insight into their behaviors so that they learn to self-identify and self-correct
- Understands the impact of clients’ behaviors on their own actions/reactions in the workplace and utilizes team feedback to enhance the effectiveness of their interventions
- Assists in delivery of educational needs in classroom setting
- Provides safe learning environment
- Maintains behavioral controls in the classroom
- Supports teacher in daily implementation of educational plan
- Interfaces with program staff to ensure educational components of the treatment plan are met
Must be at least 18 years of age. Bachelors Degree in Education, Social Work, or related field OR equivalents of education & experience.
If this position is of interest, please apply using the following link:
If you are a current Four Oaks or affiliate agency employee and are interested in applying for this position, please click here.
||School Based Programming