At Four Oaks, we believe in building opportunities for youth and families to experience success in their community. To accomplish this goal and to carry out our mission – “to assure children become successful adults” – we rely on community volunteers who share their time and skills making a difference at Four Oaks.
To find a Four Oaks volunteer or Internship opportunity near you:
- Click here for a complete listing of available volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Click here to complete the online volunteer application.
- If you are a student interested in learning more about internships or observations, please click here for more information.
- To have someone contact you, please click here to request further information or call Margie Connors-Boe at (319) 784-2012.
We will do our best to match your interests, skills and schedule with the needs of our agency and the children we serve. By modeling for children the kinds of expectations they need to succeed, you help them develop into productive citizens of the community. We urge you to become a strong advocate by sharing your experiences and encouraging children to have a positive attitude that will get them through challenging times as they grow and learn.
- Must be at least 18 years old or supervised by an adult.
- Must be able to pass background checks in accordance with the Code of Iowa (criminal and child abuse records; sex offenders registry).
- Must agree to uphold the confidentiality of our clients.
- Must commit to an established amount of time.
- Must have a genuine interest in the mission of Four Oaks.